BIC now open for Arrive & Drive
The Buddh International Circuit (BIC) has started an ‘Arrive & Drive’ program in association with Volkswagen Motorsport India. As a part of the program, one can drive the older-spec Volkswagen Polo R Cup TDI race car, which was phased out last year.
Every Saturday from 9am – 6pm, customers can walk into the circuit and hire the 1.6-litre, 130bhp race car for anything from a three-lap taxi drive to a whole hour of self drive around the 5.14-km circuit.
The BIC launched track days late last April, where enthusiasts were permitted tho thrash their own cars around the track, but hesitant drivers can now enjoy the thrill of a car meant to be raced around a track.
- Race Car experience taxi ride (with a professional) 3 laps: Rs 4,500
- Five laps self-drive: Rs 5,000
- 30 minutes self-drive: Rs 10,000
- One hour self-drive: Rs 15,000
VW Polo R Cup specifications
- 1.6 ltr TDI engine, modified to 130 HP
- 6 speed + 1 reverse manual transmission
- Sachs racing suspension
- Internal roll cage
- OMP racing seat with 6 point racing harness
More details may be found on the circuit website here.